Have you ever wondered if porcelain veneers would be a good way to improve the appearance of your smile? This single procedure can straighten, whiten, reshape, and completely recreate a person’s smile. At Radiance Dentistry, we offer a full suite of cosmetic dentistry services to beautify your smile. To find out if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers, contact our Irving practice today.
Benefits of Veneers
Porcelain veneers are small, custom-designed fabrications that bond permanently to the front surface of the teeth. Most often, veneers are placed on the top eight front teeth, and they may be placed on the bottom teeth, as well. Today, adults who want a more attractive smile are turning to porcelain veneers because of their wide range of uses and many benefits.
- One-procedure smile makeover: Veneers have been called the one-procedure smile makeover because they address dental flaws that would otherwise require multiple procedures. For instance, a patient can avoid bonding, braces, and whitening by opting for porcelain veneers.
- Instant orthodontics: Veneers are also called instant orthodontics. Instead of wearing cosmetic braces for two years, or even short-term braces for six months, patients can have straighter, more perfectly aligned teeth in a matter of two office visits, with porcelain veneers.
- Minimally invasive: Though veneers do require some removal of natural tooth enamel, modern dental materials are made veneers stronger, thinner, and more reflective than those of previous generations. As a result, little natural tooth structure is altered prior to placement of permanent veneers.
- Long lasting: With proper dental care and maintenance, porcelain veneers can last 20 years or more.
- Easy to care for: Because a separate veneer is placed on each tooth, veneers are easy to maintain. Simply brush twice a day, floss once a day, and visit us for six-month checkups and cleanings.
The Best Veneer Candidates
Veneers are not the ideal cosmetic treatment for every patient. However, they work well for a large segment of our patients. On patients with average to large teeth, veneers look quite natural. Those with smaller teeth may need gum tissue re-contouring prior to veneer placement, so their teeth look more attractive. Patients who want cosmetic teeth straightening, and do not have malocclusion, will find veneers to be a fast, practical, and permanent alternative to traditional orthodontic therapy. Veneers also work well for those who need crowns on their front teeth but do not want the bulky, unnatural look of complete crowns.
Adults and teens whose teeth are fully mature are good candidates for veneers. Children should not have veneers, as their teeth are still growing. Cosmetic bonding can correct chips and spaces in a child’s smile until his or her permanent teeth are fully developed. At that time, the bonding can be replaced with permanent porcelain veneers.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Beautiful, natural-looking porcelain veneers can improve a smile and significantly boost self-esteem. If you’d like a personal consultation to determine if porcelain veneers are a good solution for your dental imperfections, contact Radiance Dentistry today. We offer a full scope of cosmetic dental services for the image-conscious adult who has high standards for excellence and beauty.